Tuesday, September 23, 2008

delay Delay dELAY delaayyyy

What makes some people tick quick? I tick slow. I think I'm on time, but I must be slow. There's things in life that should be taken care of, things that deserve my close attention, my determination and will. I will not respond. I need a slap in the face, but don't want one and won't get one. I need a shot in the arm, but don't deserve one. I do a lot. I leave a lot. I fill my days with needs and wants, but ignore some needs. There really is a time when you say, I MUST TAKE CARE OF THIS. So what happens? In my case I seem able to forget I have something to take care of, even though it grates on me and pulls me down and I have to walk around with a facade of happy because I don't like to be un. So I respond to calls, I go out, I have a good time for one more day and put off what needs to be finished. I read, I write, I listen to music, I play music, I watch tv shows online, I finish a whole series, DeathNote, which I find intriguing and fantastic, I decide to cook, anything to not do what needs to be done.
I am and always have been a horrible procrastinator. I need due dates. Otherwise I find ways to delay. In school I don't think I ever finished assignments, term papers, projects, nothing ever finished until late night (early morning really) the day of due. I have a date. but will I find a way to delay? I hope not. I am tired. I am worn down past the knuckle. I feel crushed but try and pop up and look normal with no visible crinkle. I am a waste, but I am full of life. I must stop the delay.
Must.
I think I'm going to try and write a song now.

2 Comments:

Blogger -from hell said...

I remember sitting in a crowded coffee shoppe, too many people, too few spaces, feeling claustrophobic. The air thick with steam from the cappuccino machine, the smell of fresh roasted coffee and exotic teas mingling with sweat and nervous fear, the stink of humanity.
Feeling claustrophobic.
But it was worth it,
to hear a new song from a spacecookie.
So I hope you write that song, and share it for the world to hear.

1:56 AM  
Blogger the moon is a cookie said...

i will try to play again. if i can muster up again. i will let you know. thanks for the words.

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home