Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Millennium Actress


It's been longer than I intended so I thought I should post something. One of my recent library rentals was "Millennium Actress", which I just watched today. It was an interesting story, looking back on the life of an older actress, spanning many time periods, with scenes of geisha, samurai, and space... Quite a span, and a pretty good yarn at that. It was a bit of an unusual setup, and to avoid spoiling anything I'll say it was a compelling look at a life full of love and loss. Very character driven, I enjoyed it. Apparently I'm not the only one, as it won a Grand Prize for Animation along with Spirited Away (obvious classic) in 2001. I dig.

2 Comments:

Blogger -from hell said...

Thanks to your glowing praise, I have added this to my netflix queue - at number 1, no less.

I have no doubt it will live up to the lofty expectations you have set forth.


BTW

have you heard Elliott's "New Moon"? How I did not know this was released is beyond me, but I can't help but falling to that ecstatic/depressive state, following another Elliott release.

BTW

We should "hang" sometime.
I "dunno" if you have my number, but if that is the case, you should give that number a call sometime. It has been far too long since I have seen the mooncookie.

2:04 AM  
Blogger the moon is a cookie said...

somehow lately i fall behind. i did not hear of this new moon. i must go find it now.

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home