Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I was stuck between nowhere and nowhere

You know how sometimes you read a writer and feel inspired? You read the words and it makes you want to do something with your life? You feel like you have something to share, something that might make a person care, something that will cause a smile, or a grimace, something that will seem ugly, or maybe just pretty, that will make a difference, or make a point, that will create a feeling, that will mean..?

Or you read Bukowski as I just was, have a line strike you, "I was caught between nowhere and nowhere" and it hits home and you think, I am doing nothing. I am in a state of drift. Not the exciting racing sort of drift, but a slow wander to nowhere.

Yeah, he's good for that.

1 Comments:

Blogger -from hell said...

How ironic;
i just recently went to the
"liberry" as certain people I work with would say, and got a Bukowski.

"Yes, some lives were made to be
wasted."

He's quite inspirational.

As an aside, I don't think either of ours are. Lives. To be wasted, I mean.

I just like the quote.

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home